Contemporary Music Director
Saegertown United Methodist Church is seeking Contemporary Music Director to join our ministry team. This person will work closely with the lead pastor and worship team in cultivating contemporary worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit.
The goal of this position is to foster dynamic congregational worship, singing is a key for our church, and we are seeking an individual who is called and gifted by God.
- A genuine commitment to Christ and the Church. This position is a Christian Ministry.
- A warm, caring personality and demonstrate a willingness to know and love the families of Saegertown UMC.
- Organizational skills: self-starter, detail-oriented, multi-tasking, team player but ability to work independently, can delegate, high-energy, enthusiastic, and creative.
- Experienced in leadership.
- Ability to be extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Must possess people skills to handle all types of personalities with all ages (children and adults).
- Serving as a member of the ministry team at Saegertown United Methodist Church by demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission.
- Musical ability including both vocal and instrumental.
- A complete understanding and experience utilizing audio/visual equipment.
- Criminal History Form SP4-164 and PA Child Abuse History clearances required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or an equivalent general education degree (GED) required.
- Experience with musical performing and leading preferred.
- Plan weekly Sunday worship service.
- Choose congregational hymns and songs that engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s word.
- Work collaboratively with sound technicians and computer operators to ensure each Sunday service is prepared and executed well.
- Communicate early and often with audio/visual teams.
- Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
- Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
- Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose:
- Preparation for Sunday
- Cultivation of Christ-centered community
- Building on our traditions and having a vision for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expression of worship.
- Lead congregational worship.
- Evaluate new curriculum as needed.
- 20 hours per week with the flexibility to adjust working hours during week as needed.
- Number of hours will vary depending on the scheduled events and seasonal events.
- Wages-determined annually.
- Vacation: is negotiable without pay.
- Three Sundays off during the school year.
- No Sick Day allowance.
- Social Security – paid.
- The Contemporary Music Director is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor. They shall work closely with SPRC and Worship committees.
- The Contemporary Music Director will be evaluated annually by the SPRC with the aid of the Senior Pastor.
- A newly hired Contemporary Music Director will have a performance review 90 days after their start date, and again six months after their start date to determine if the employee’s skills meet the needs of SUMC.
PO Box 689, 620 Euclid Ave, Saegertown, PA 16433